Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that can cause respiratory infections like the common cold and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). After an illness outbreak was traced to China, a rare coronavirus was found to be the cause in 2019. SARS coronavirus 2 is the name given to the virus. They are responsible for a sickness known as coronavirus disease 2019. (COVID-19).
The Covid-19 problem has highlighted the significance of reliable and accessible testing and screening for the disease. Antigen and antibody testing for Covid-19 uses a variety of samples to look for the SARS-CoV-2 virus’s distinctive characteristics. A COVID-19 test may be an option for those who exhibit signs of the disease. This will depend on local health restrictions.
Types Of Testing
- RT-PCR): This type of testing offers the most accurate results and is accepter worldwide. Samples must be tested at a laboratory with the proper equipment, which might take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours, or even longer, to complete the testing.
- Antigen tests: These tests are quicker, and you can get your result in as little as 15 minutes after you take them.
COVID-19 Symptoms To Look Out For
The most prevalent symptoms:
- loss of taste or smell
Symptoms that aren’t as common:
- sore throat
- aches and pains
- a rash on the skin, or discoloration of fingers or toes
- red or irritated eyes
Symptoms that should be taken seriously:
- shortness of breath, trouble speaking or moving, or confusion
- a tightening in the middle of the chest
Symptoms often appear 5–6 days after infection; however, they might take as long as 14 days to appear. If you experience any symptoms, call Athruz Pediatrics right away. If you need an appointment
call or Text 210-490-8888 for Stone Oak Office
Call or Text 210-614-7500 for Medical Center Office
Call 210-775 0909 for the Schertz Office